A long-standing debate rages between console and PC gamers about which is better. Many arguments revolve around which of the two is cheaper for gaming, provides better visuals and graphics, or has better multiplayer competitions. Most importantly, which offers the best gaming experience. We may lose much time on this discussion if we decide to engage in it, but both options are rewarding since the important thing is to play.
The following topic, however, will only focus on the PC gaming experience and using SCP toolkit with game controllers.
Console game players used to argue that PC games were ruined by using the mouse and keyboard as the input devices for controlling them, regardless of any other reason. After gamepads and joypads replaced that argument, the discussion was still that an Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 or 4 controller was better to use. As stated above, there is now a way to connect these controllers to the PC using the SCP toolkit.
The Xbox 360 and Xbox One controllers can be easily connected to a Windows PC by simply using a USB cable and installing the necessary drivers since both products are manufactured by Microsoft. The Xbox 360 wireless gaming receiver can also be used to play wirelessly.
With the new Xbox One S model, Windows 10 now has Bluetooth built-in for the wireless connection. Those who own a PlayStation controller who wants to connect it to a PC are, however, required to use an application (SCP toolkit) in order to do so.
There are no official PlayStation 3 or PlayStation 4 drivers for Windows compatible with PlayStation 3 or PlayStation 4. In the case of the DualShock 4 controller (PS 4 controller), the service of Remote Play and PlayStation Now is supported by the Sony Wireless adapter. Furthermore, the controller was accepted by the Valve Corporation for use on the Steam platform, though you may still encounter compatibility issues if you want to use the controller with games that run outside the aforementioned services.
Also Check – How To Uninstall Sea Of Thieves on Windows, Xbox
How To Install The SCP Toolkit
SCPToolkit makes it possible to use PlayStation 3 or 4 controllers on a PC in a seamless manner, making them act as Xbox controllers. Below are the steps you need to take to install the SCP ToolKit application.
Read More – Twitch Mods Tab Not Loading (Updated Methods)
1. Visit SCP Toolkit’s developer’s repository (Nefarius) on GitHub or click HERE to go to the website to download the application. For reasons of bug fixes, we recommend installing the latest Beta version. The application will not run unless you have the Microsoft.NET Framework 4.5, the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010/2013/2015 Redistributable Packages, and DirectX Runtime installed on your computer. After ScpToolkit performs a system scan, it will begin downloading any other software packages that are not already on your computer.
Note: It is recommended that the PlayStation 3 or 4 controller is connected to the PC either wirelessly or by cable at this time. On Windows, you can connect a PS3/DS3 controller with a USB to mini-USB cable or a PS4/DS4 controller with a USB to micro-USB cable. Use a USB Bluetooth dongle to establish a wireless connection via Bluetooth. While a USB Bluetooth® v2.0 EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) adapter is required for DS3 controllers, a Bluetooth® 2.1 adapter is required for DS4 controllers.
2. The main installer will appear once the other prerequisite applications have been installed. Eventually, you can click on the “Install” button after accepting the terms & conditions and choosing an install location. However, you can also deselect “Testing & Troubleshooting” as well as “Profile Manager” since the first is not needed and the second is unstable.
3. Following the above steps, click on the big green “Run Driver Installer” button that appears after about 30 seconds. Afterward, you will be prompted to choose the drivers you wish to install on the screen below.
If the option is not already checked, ensure that it is checked since it is usually checked by default. The dropdown list of USB devices attached to your computer will appear when you click the arrow next to “Choose Dualshock 3 controllers to install”. You will see the PlayStation 3 controller listed there.
NOTE: Make sure the “Install Bluetooth driver” box is checked. As you did with the Dualshock 3, click the arrow next to “Choose Bluetooth dongles to install” and select your Bluetooth device from the list. Similarly, if you are using Vista, check the box for “Force Driver Installation.” If you are using Windows 7, leave it unchecked and just click “Install”.
4. Installing SCP Toolkit will take a few seconds, if not minutes. Make sure the “Dualshock 3 USB Driver” appears at the bottom of the log to indicate a successful installation before clicking “Exit”. The PlayStation 3 or PlayStation 4 controllers can now be used on your PC as if it were an Xbox.
NOTE: You will be able to adjust a few settings, such as disabling rumble and adjusting analog stick dead zones, through the SCP Toolkit Settings Manager, which you can access from the Start menu.
Extra Read – What is Avast Remediation.exe: How to Remove
How To Fix SCP Toolkit If It Is Not Working
You should first uninstall and then reinstall your controllers’ drivers if yours stop working.
1. In the event that that does not work, you can launch the “Start” menu, type “services”, and then click the Enter key.
2. Find the SCP DSx or SCP DS3 (depending on the SCP you have). Choose Properties from the right-click menu.
3. Change the startup type bar from “Automatic” to “Automatic (Delayed Start)” and the problem will disappear.
If this option does not work, go to Google and search for forums to find people who have experienced the same problem.
How To Uninstall SCP Toolkit
Sometimes due to some unexpected and unknown errors, SCP toolkit not working issues come up. For that, you can uninstall it and then reinstall it. Here is how you can uninstall SCP toolkit if it stops working.
- In your Windows control panel, select Add/Remove Programs to uninstall SCP Toolkit.
- Once the SCP Toolkit is located in the Control Panel, click uninstall a program.
- As you remove the application, a progress bar shows you how long the process will take.
Additionally, you can run the “ScpToolkit Clean Wipe Utility” to remove all related components of the application.
So if you are a PS3 or PS4 user, then you can use this guide to install the SCP toolkit to use consoles on PC. Also, we have covered how to uninstall SCP Toolkit if it stops working.