In this article, we have made a list on JEE Mains Exam Eligibility Details. So if you want to or planning to appear in the JEE Mains Exams then this article is especially for you. Here you will learn about all the eligibility requirements that you need to have to appear in the JEE Mains Examinations. So, read the complete article so that you can learn about the eligibility detail for JEE Mains exams. And make yourself ready for it.
JEE Mains Exam Eligibility Details
- The candidate applying for the JEE Mains Exam must be an Indian Citizen.
- The Foreign National Candidates, NRIs, OCIs, and PIOs candidates are also eligible for the Exam of JEE Mains.
- Minimum age is 17 & maximum age is 24 to be eligible for this exam. You can calculator your age using online tools.
- The candidates who have qualified their 10+2 or equivalent exam are also eligible. The students who are appearing for 10+2 or equivalent exam can also apply for JEE Mains Examination.
- There is no specified requirement of the percentage to apply for JEE Mains. You are also eligible for the JEE Mains even if you get only passing marks.
- Candidates who are NIOS (National Institute of Open Schooling) are also eligible for the Exam.
- The candidates should have at least 5 subjects in 10+2 or equivalent exam. And Physics, Language, and Maths are the mandatory subjects. You have to choose one of these subjects as a fourth subject “Biology, Chemistry, Biotechnology, Technical Vocational Subject”. And you can choose any other subject of your choice as a fifth subject.
- A candidate can apply for the Exam for 3 consecutive years. And the Entrance exam of JEE Mains is always conducted twice a year. Therefore, you can appear for both Exams. And you have a total of 6 chances to clear the Entrance Exam of JEE Mains.
To get Admission in NIT/ IIT / GFTI
- The candidates who want to get admission in NIT / IIT / GFTI should have at least 75% marks in the 12th. Or the candidates who are one of the Top 20 percentiles students of their class 12th can also get admission in NIT / IIT / GFTI.
- If the candidate belongs to SC/ST category, then he/she should have secured 65% marks in 12th or equivalent Exam.
To get Admission in B.Arch. Programs
- The candidates who want to get admission in the B.Arch Programs should have taken PCM (Physics. Chemistry, Maths) in their 12th or equivalent exam.
- The candidates should have secured at least 50% marks in aggregate. And similarly, 50% individually also.
Passing Year Eligibility Criteria 2019
- The candidates will be eligible for the exam if they have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam in 2017 0r 2018. Candidates who have completed their 12th or equivalent exam before 2017 are not eligible.
- Candidates who tried to pass their 12th or equivalent exam in 2016 but failed. And then again they complete their 12 in 2017. Then these candidates will not eligible for the JEE Mains Exams.
- Candidates who are going to complete their 12th or equivalent exam in 2020 are also not eligible for the exam. However, the candidates who have completed their 12th in 2019, can appear in the exam.
- The candidates have given improvement exams of 12th in 2019, even after that they qualified 12 in 2018, then the Top 20 percentile will be counted for 2018.
- You will need the mark sheet which can show the marks you get in all five subjects. This important for the percentile system.
- The best two performances will be counted if the candidate writes all the subjects.
Finally, we came to the last section. I hope you will like the article and it will help you. At last, thank you for visiting. Keep Visiting.